- Treasure at Tanglewood: Saturday morning talks and rehearsals a welcome opportunity to enjoy and learn
- Captivating production of Kiss Me, Kate now on stage at Barrington Stage Company
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play is a holiday delight at Shakespeare & Company
- Mark St. Germain’s new play about Fitzgerald and Hemingway makes for a gripping evening of theater
- Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra offers a stellar performance on a perfect Sunday afternoon
Daily Archives: May 18, 2011
Just a few days ago, opera star Deborah Voigt was singing the role of Brünnhilde in Wagner’s Die Walküre at the Metropolitan Opera in New York. But on Saturday, May 21, at 8, the acclaimed dramatic soprano will be in the Berkshires, giving a recital at the Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center in Great Barrington to celebrate the theater’s annual gala. It’s a treat for opera enthusiasts: last Saturday’s live broadcast of her stellar performance as Brünnhilde was seen at the Mahaiwe by a sold-out crowd.
In Saturday’s recital at the Mahaiwe, Voigt will be accompanied by pianist Brian Zeger and will perform Broadway standards as well as opera selections.
Voigt is known for her roles in popular Italian operas, such as Tosca, Aida, and Amelia in Un ballo in maschera.