- Treasure at Tanglewood: Saturday morning talks and rehearsals a welcome opportunity to enjoy and learn
- Captivating production of Kiss Me, Kate now on stage at Barrington Stage Company
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play is a holiday delight at Shakespeare & Company
- Mark St. Germain’s new play about Fitzgerald and Hemingway makes for a gripping evening of theater
- Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra offers a stellar performance on a perfect Sunday afternoon
Daily Archives: June 9, 2011
Reviewed by Lesley Ann Beck
[LENOX, Mass.]—The absolutely riveting Tina Packer plays Petruchio’s Kate, Joan of Arc, Cleopatra, Beatrice, Margaret of Anjou, and Juliet, among many, many others, in Women of Will, The Complete Journey: Parts I-V, her extraordinary master class in the works of William Shakespeare, running now through July 10 in the Elayne P. Bernstein Theatre at Shakespeare & Company. Part performance, part lecture, part debate, part exposition, Women of Will, written by Packer and performed by Packer and actor Nigel Gore, is based on her decades-long immersion, as actor and director, in the works of the Bard.